MAKING AN APPROPRIATIONS REQUEST FOR FY 2012
Thank you for your interest in submitting an appropriations request through my office for fiscal year 2012.
As a result of new rules implemented by the Republican Congressional leadership, member requested projects (a.k.a. earmarks) will no longer be included in appropriations bills originating in the House of Representatives. The Senate Appropriations Committee has also announced a moratorium on earmarks for the current session of Congress.
Organizations seeking federal funding for projects based in my Congressional District are encouraged to continue to call my office for assistance so that we may help identify other potential funding opportunities. If your organization is applying for a federal grant and would like a letter in support from my office, please contact my district office at 718-287-1142.
NOTE: If your organization would like to submit a request for a specific federal agency funding or to submit appropriations bill language or report language, please contact my Appropriations staffer Ms. Asi Ofosu in my Washington, D.C. office at Asi.Ofosu@mail.house.gov or 202-225-6231.
I have listed on this website all earmarks I requested in the 111th Congress for the fiscal year 2011 Appropriations Priorities, organized by bill.
FY-2011 Appropriations Priorities
Click here for a pdf of my FY 2010 submitted requests
Click here for a pdf of my FY 2010 approved requests
Surface Transportation Project Requests
On behalf of New York’s 11th Congressional District, I have made the following requests for
funding in the surface transportation authorization bill (listed in alphabetical order):
- Design and Construction of Bus Rapid Transit Improvements on the Nostrand Avenue Corridor, Brooklyn, NY (multi-Member request) - $18,000,000
- Design and Construction of a Pedestrian Plaza and Transit Improvements at Newkirk Plaza, Brooklyn, NY - $3,200,000
- Design and Construct Safe Routes to School Projects in Brooklyn, NY - $3,000,000
- Design and install monitoring and enforcement systems utilizing ITS technologies; analyze commercial vehicle traffic at bridges connecting New Jersey and New York City for the purpose of planning, asset management, security and safety enforcement - $5,400,000
- Design and Reconstruction of Malbone Street and Clove Road, Brooklyn, NY - $4,000,000
- Installation of Pedestrian Ramps, Brooklyn, NY - $1,000,000
- Plan for Bridge Inspection and Maintenance Enhancements to New York City Owned Bridges, NY - $2,000,000
- Planning Study for Reconfiguration of Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn, NY - $960,000
- Reconstruct a portion of the BQE in Downtown Brooklyn, NY to improve highway safety and operation, correct infrastructure deficiencies and enhance community quality of life (multi-Member request)- $206,000,000
- Reconstruction of Court Street between Atlantic and Hamilton Avenues, Brooklyn, NY - $3,000,000
- Roadway improvements in Prospect Park-Lincoln Road, Brooklyn NY to construct an additional motorist lane as well as bicycle and pedestrian pathways - $4,447,922
- Study and implementation of congestion reduction measures on Church Avenue, Brooklyn, NY - $2,000,000